Internet access is no longer limited to desktop computers and laptops. Even more commonly, people will surf the web using tablets or their smartphones. However, these screens and the way to navigate the web is vastly different from a regular computer monitor: they’re smaller, usually held in a portrait position and touched with a finger or stylus to click. This means that navigating insurance agents websites can be quite frustrating if they’ve only been designed for a computer screen. This is why it is vital to design layouts specifically for each type of device.
This may seem overwhelming. After all, building a website, in general, isn’t an easy task. However, the pros outweigh the cons here. At this point in time, it is not only advisable but necessary to have multi-platform websites. Here are some of the benefits:
- Broadens the audience your website reaches
- Allows more time for people to browse your website, even when not at home
- Gives more people access to your website
- Displays credibility and accessibility
- Is likely to convince visitors to return
What Is Necessary?
There are some important qualities to include in a mobile-friendly website.
- Easy to read text
- Large enough links to press with a finger
- Thinner format to fit on a portrait-oriented screen
If the task seems too daunting, consider searching for developers that create insurance agents websites with the ability to make them compatible for multiple devices.