If you own a business in Orlando, you must have Orlando Florida business insurance coverage on your property, equipment, inventory and employees. Here are the top three reasons why.
1. Florida Law Requires It
Florida law requires you to have:
- workers compensation insurance on your employees;
- commercial automobile insurance on any vehicles you own, lease or operate as part of your business; and
- general liability insurance to protect both you and your business in the event of a lawsuit claiming bodily injury or other damages
- caused by your products, services or employees.
2. You Must Protect Your Property
Orlando Florida business insurance protects your business property including building(s), premises and equipment such as computers and printers. Since Orlando is prime hurricane and flooding territory, you also need separate commercial hurricane and flood insurance policies.
If you are a home-based business, your homeowners or renters policy does not cover your business property or business liability. You need a separate business insurance policy to covers these.
3. You Must Protect Yourself
As owner, you are your businesss greatest asset. You, therefore, should consider insurance coverage that protects you as an individual, such as policies covering:
- officers and directors,
- professional liability,
- legal expenses,
- disability and
- business interruption.
Being a business owner is exciting and rewarding. Having Orlando Florida business insurance protects your dream.