Most successful insurance agency websites are the work of an insurance marketing company that specializes in designing Internet sites in such a way that they attract more visitors. They come equipped with a set of objectives, strategies and tactics that will improve any online presence, with marketing activities designed to help achieve your financial goals.
It requires getting to know how a company perceives themselves, and what image they want to present to their target audience. While this may sound like an uncomplicated task, putting together a sound marketing plan requires knowing where your agency is right now, where they want to be a year from now, and how they plan to get there.
As you begin the arduous task of coming up with marketing ideas that are going to help the agency grow, you need to set a benchmark indicating where your agency is now. In that way, you’ll be able to look back and see how your marketing efforts helped improve your agency’s growth, as well as identify which ideas worked for your agency and which didn’t. In this way, moving forward you don’t waste time or money on marketing ideas that don’t work. Answering the following questions may help in choosing a direction to go with your campaign:
- What are my current sales (in dollars and number of policies sold) for the year?
- Who are my current clients, how did they hear about my agency, and why did they decide on my agency over my competition?
- What causes my agency to lose clients or potential sales?
- Who are my competitors, and how is my agency different from the competition?
- Does my agency have any niches or specialty areas that the competition doesn’t have?
- What are we currently spending on marketing?
- Where do we want to be at this time next year?
Once a benchmark has been established, start thinking about where your company wants to go. Start off by setting some specific goals. Then, when you’re ready, enlist the help of an insurance marketing company that understands exactly who you are, and how to help you succeed in the marketplace. Selling insurance is easy, but you are working in a very competitive field. After you complete the first year of your marketing plan, you should be able to measure your success more easily.